Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Fast and easy cabinet door...Opinion

On 12/11/2012 10:22 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

I think the mdf would've saved you a bunch of time and effort. :-)
If you've seen hinges "rip out," they were installed improperly.

Absolutely!

"OMG, you can't put screws into MDF, Verne!!"

(It's funny how long it takes for some things to get past preconceived,
knee jerk notions of the past)

Not to mention that we're talking about EURO hinges in the DOORS _only_.

Much of the support/holding action of EURO hinges comes from the cup.

Just about any screw made for, and supplied with, the specific hinges
will serve you well when mounted into high quality MDF doors.

Unless they made their cabinets out of MDF (ouch, hurts my back to think
about), the clips themselves are screwed into wood end panels of the
cabinets, fercrisakes.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net