Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Fast and easy cabinet door...Opinion

On 12/11/2012 9:20 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Thanks for the link. I ordered a few to play with. Have never used
Euro hinges before. Do I need a special forstner bit for the one you
mentioned?

pockets are 35mm. If you happen to have a Forstner in that size you're
good to go, otherwise dig out that wallet againg

Note also that they list a .pdf file (without a link) containing
instructions. DAGS and you'll probably find all that you need.

One other suggestion that I'm thinking of incorporating in some wall
hung tool cabinets I hope to build this winter.

After installing new doors throughout the house this past year, I have a
load of door hinges that I refused to toss in the garbage. I'm going to
make some wall cabinets framed out in quality 2x lumber, "milled down"
to avoid the rounded edges.

The wall cabinet itself will be 2X with appropriately sized cross pieces
along the back to give it strength, provide for hanging and to support
the interior back wall which will be perforated hardboard or maybe
slatwall (not sure on that yet)

I'm envisioning the cabinet being either 4' or 5' wide with double doors
(2' or 2½') hinged on either side the framework (rails & stiles) will be
similarly "milled" out of 2x lumber and depth is to be determined. I'll
"skin" the face with 1/4" ply but otherwise the door will be pretty much
a mirror image of the cabinet itself with plenty of storage on the
inside. 3 door hinges to either side should provide all the strength
needed to keep them hanging straight.