Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Empty Posts

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

Why?

Lew's gone and dropped it a day late and a dollar short?

Not really.

Actually it's very simple.

Have you noticed cross postings have almost disappeared?

There was a method to the madness of posting approximately
60 empty posts.

Each started life as a cross list posted message.

My response was straight forward.

I simply edited all list headings except "rec.woodworking"
and then edited out all the contents and posted what was left.

It took awhile, but after 2-1/2 days and almost 60 "corrective"
posts, cross posting seems to have gone away.

I understand your goal but not your methodology. Doing what you did removes
cross posting but only from messages in reply to your empty one and empty
messages won't create many responses; any reply to other messages will be
cross posted (if the message one is replying to was cross posted).

To accomplish your goal for you personally, it would be easier to either
block the sender or set up a rule to block the cross posted newsgroup(s).
Doing the latter would mean that you couldn't read that newsgroup without
deleting the rule.

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net