Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Sony KV-27V36 has weird PIP issue.

This Sony KV-27V36 was working fine until about an hour ago. When I turned
on the PIP, it initially looked fine. Then I did a few exchanges of channels
from the small window to the big window. I noticed the smaller window was
showing just static. I thought the cable had gone out for that station
because the larger window was still showing a clear picture. I hit the
switch button again and the problem still stayed with the smaller window. So
now I know that it's not the cable. There are only two choices in the setup
menu (not talking about the service menu) for cable channel select. They are
"on" or "off" and it's set to "on." To summarize, all the channels work
properly when the PIP is not active or if the PIP is active and you're
looking at the larger window. The smaller PIP window will work fine until
you reach channel 48. From channel 49 and above, it's all static. I'm fairly
certain that the way the two tuners operate is that they each stay on the
same station when you hit the switch button. All that changes is where the
pictures are displayed. Is that correct? If not, it would make sense that
one of the tuners is having tuning issues though I'm not sure what's so
special about channels 48 and above. The information I've researched doesn't
show those two channels (48 and 49) are situated on different bands. Any
ideas?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber