Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Empty Posts

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Subject

Why?

Lew's gone and dropped it a day late and a dollar short?

Not really.

Actually it's very simple.

Have you noticed cross postings have almost disappeared?

There was a method to the madness of posting approximately
60 empty posts.

Each started life as a cross list posted message.

My response was straight forward.

I simply edited all list headings except "rec.woodworking"
and then edited out all the contents and posted what was left.

It took awhile, but after 2-1/2 days and almost 60 "corrective"
posts, cross posting seems to have gone away.

Lew

So THAT is what it was. I thought you were having a series of senior
moments,...

I was quite certain that's what Lew was doing, but I don't understand why he
included perfectly acceptable posts, just because they were cross posted.
Cross posting can get out of hand, but it is an acceptable manner of posting
if properly disiplined.

--

-Mike-