Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
John Ferrell[_3_] John Ferrell[_3_] is offline

Default Keurig Maintenance Tip

I don't have a problem with the fill it yourself cups but my wife does
not want me to use it because it loses a few grounds that find their
way into her tea. There are quite a few YouTube videos on repair
efforts. There is (or maybe was) the fellow who designed the thing
bragging about the "bubble pump" that moves the water to the top. I
believe the thing could be fixed if you could figure out how to take
it apart without destroying it. I have the first one stored until some
one does a video with something helpful.

de John, W8CCW
On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 22:33:48 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
About every three months I have to "de-scale" my Keurig K-Cup pot when
it starts dispensing a partial cup... even though I use R-O water.

Three months ago I went thru all the clean with vinegar and flush
routines and it still dispensed partial cups.

Repeated all the recommended operations, still wouldn't work.

Pondering the way the reservoir was made with a check-valve at the
bottom, I wondered if that was the problem.

Took it outside, applied the garden hose to the valve, from the
bottom, made it "whistle" :-}

Returned it to the pot... problem gone, worked fine.

Yesterday, partial cups :-(

Applied the garden hose, problem solved ;-)

Try it next time your Keurig pot acts up.

Do those Fill it yourself K-cups work? I find the coffee selection
awful.
We have one of these machines at work.
It's actually the second one, the first suffered from the partial cup
problem.

Cheers

John Ferrell W8CCW