Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Keurig Maintenance Tip

About every three months I have to "de-scale" my Keurig K-Cup pot when
it starts dispensing a partial cup... even though I use R-O water.

Three months ago I went thru all the clean with vinegar and flush
routines and it still dispensed partial cups.

Repeated all the recommended operations, still wouldn't work.

Pondering the way the reservoir was made with a check-valve at the
bottom, I wondered if that was the problem.

Took it outside, applied the garden hose to the valve, from the
bottom, made it "whistle" :-}

Returned it to the pot... problem gone, worked fine.

Yesterday, partial cups :-(

Applied the garden hose, problem solved ;-)

Try it next time your Keurig pot acts up.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
About every three months I have to "de-scale" my Keurig K-Cup pot when
it starts dispensing a partial cup... even though I use R-O water.

Three months ago I went thru all the clean with vinegar and flush
routines and it still dispensed partial cups.

Repeated all the recommended operations, still wouldn't work.

Pondering the way the reservoir was made with a check-valve at the
bottom, I wondered if that was the problem.

Took it outside, applied the garden hose to the valve, from the
bottom, made it "whistle" :-}

Returned it to the pot... problem gone, worked fine.

Yesterday, partial cups :-(

Applied the garden hose, problem solved ;-)

Try it next time your Keurig pot acts up.

Do those Fill it yourself K-cups work? I find the coffee selection
awful.
We have one of these machines at work.
It's actually the second one, the first suffered from the partial cup
problem.

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 22:33:48 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
About every three months I have to "de-scale" my Keurig K-Cup pot when
it starts dispensing a partial cup... even though I use R-O water.

Three months ago I went thru all the clean with vinegar and flush
routines and it still dispensed partial cups.

Repeated all the recommended operations, still wouldn't work.

Pondering the way the reservoir was made with a check-valve at the
bottom, I wondered if that was the problem.

Took it outside, applied the garden hose to the valve, from the
bottom, made it "whistle" :-}

Returned it to the pot... problem gone, worked fine.

Yesterday, partial cups :-(

Applied the garden hose, problem solved ;-)

Try it next time your Keurig pot acts up.

Do those Fill it yourself K-cups work? I find the coffee selection
awful.

They work, but are extra steps, including cleaning :-(

Why do you say the selection is awful? I buy online directly from
Keurig (who has the most variety, they bought out the competition

http://www.keurig.com/shop/k-cups/al...hdnBaseFacets=

But have also bought from...

https://www.coffeeforless.com/
http://www.coffeewhiz.com/
http://www.bigelowte.com/shop/detail...&sc=4&pi=53619
http://www.coffeecow.com/PublicPages/Home.aspx
http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/s...Varieties#back

I'm primarily a Columbian La Vereda fan. The wife likes flavored
things like Hazelnut, French Vanilla, Earl Gray Tea, etc.

On cold mornings, like now... 52°F, I might have a hot cocoa or hot
apple cider (in K-cup form).

We have one of these machines at work.
It's actually the second one, the first suffered from the partial cup
problem.

Cheers

Now you know the solution ;-)

When I was at Zarlink (Rochester) last winter, they had a _huge_
Keurig machine directly plumbed to the water supply!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

I don't have a problem with the fill it yourself cups but my wife does
not want me to use it because it loses a few grounds that find their
way into her tea. There are quite a few YouTube videos on repair
efforts. There is (or maybe was) the fellow who designed the thing
bragging about the "bubble pump" that moves the water to the top. I
believe the thing could be fixed if you could figure out how to take
it apart without destroying it. I have the first one stored until some
one does a video with something helpful.

de John, W8CCW
On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 22:33:48 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
[...]

John Ferrell W8CCW

Keurig model B70 coffee maker klem kedidelhopper Electronics Repair 3 April 18th 12 09:20 PM
TS maintenance foggytown Woodworking 8 November 11th 06 06:49 AM
Mimimag Maintenance Stormin Mormon Home Repair 3 August 3rd 05 11:36 PM
Does A/C need maintenance? toller Home Repair 50 April 18th 05 01:12 PM
Home maintenance vs. condo maintenance Jeff Bello Home Repair 7 May 26th 04 02:40 PM