Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default $80 Hammer-- if only it was 1975. . .

On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 07:03:25 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I'll spend it on Bourbon these days. I gave up caring what other
folks think about 50 years ago.

Consider the book: "What Do You Care What Other People Think?" by Richard
Feynman. Here's a sampling:

[Ring-ring]

Feynman: "Hello."

Caller: Is the Dr. Feynman?"

Feynman: "Yes."

Caller: "Dr. Richard P. Feynman?"

Feynman: (wearily) "Yes."

Caller: "Dr Feynman, my name is Margaret Tibbetts. I am the United States
Ambassador to the Court of Olav V of Norway. I am pleased to inform you that
you have been awarded the 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics !"

Feynman: "Do you have any idea what the hell time it is in California?"

Caller: "Er... No."

Feynman: "It is 3:00 o'clock in the goddamn morning ! Call back after nine
!"

[click]

Caller: ???

Wouldn't ever happen to me. I don't answer the phone unless I'm
awake, alert, and recognize the caller ID. . . . and want to talk to
that person at that time.g

Jim
[If they *really* wanted to give me that prize, they'd drive out to
the house with it-- Like Ed McMahon used to do.]