Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Social Security Number

On 12/8/2012 8:39 PM, Attila Iskander wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 17:12:02 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Dec 8, 12:58 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 08:56:45 -0500, George
wrote:

On 12/7/2012 6:17 PM, wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:43 pm, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:22:53 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

wrote:
Best country in the world - and goofs like you staying away will
help
keep it that way.

Arguable point about "best country in the world"
And Canada has it's share of "goofs".

_$28 cabbage, $65 chicken, and other insane food prices in Northern
Canada _

"...Its not just food, either €” necessary sundries like diapers
and
sanitary napkins are also outrageously expensive."

http://grist.org/list/28-cabbage-65-chicken-and-other-insane-food-pri...

Good find, my friend. Where's HomelessGuy when you need him?
According to him, why everything is peachy keen up there in Canada
with a perfect economy and bad
stuff only happens in the USA. At least here peppers and cabbage
don't cost $15 a pound.

Not disputing troubled "home guy" but how much do you suppose it
adds to
the cost of a crate of produce if you load it on an airplane with 5
other crates and fly it 1,000 miles into the most distant of the
Northwest territories?

Rom Northern Air Cargo
website:http://www.nacargo.com/shipping/rates.php

The formula to calculate total charges is weight x /lb. rate x current
fuel surcharge x tax = total

For example: a 72 lb. widget from Anchorage to Bethel would be charged
as follows;

72 lb. x .74 (rate) = $53.28
$53.28 x 12% (fuel*) = $59.67
$59.67 x 6.25% (tax) = $63.40 total charges

Effective Date: January 01, 2011

That is AMERICAN North on scheduled flights.

InnCanada, First Air, flying from Resolute to Arctic Bay,1-10KG is
$40/kg11-15Kg is $50/Kg, 16-20 is $67/kg, 21-25 is $83/kg, all the way
up to 41-44KG at $141/kg.

So, you get a pallet of cabbage, weighing 35KG into Resolute and want
to ship it to Arctic Bay, it will cost you $3990 to ship it. Say each
cabbage weighs 1Kg (2.2 lbs) the cost per cabbage is $141.
#
# Are you so dumb that you really think it costs $141 to
# ship a head of cabbage?
#
# Per your shipping rates above, why would you put it onto
# a pallet. The heavier the weight, the more you're saying they
# charge you PER KG. So, send it one cabbage at a time
# and it will cost a lot less.

Yup
I can just see a grocer individually wrapping and shipping cabbages
separately
And you are foolish enough to imagine that the cargo service will not
start
charging a minimum ?

If he was smart enough to look at the reference I gave, and READ it,
there IS a minimum. And by "pallet" I guess I should have said a
"flat" or "case"
#
# In other words, I think as happens frequently, you've got it
# all screwed up, because those rates make no sense. You
# want to think about it, check it out and get back to us?
#

Google first air shipping rates Resolute and see for yourself.

Why don't you tell us why those rates do not make sense ?
Take as many screens as you need.
Get adult help to check your post before you send it.

t4 is not smart enough to read carefully and actually think about what
he read
He's too busy coming up with "responses"

Heck, I'm looking for a price list for shipping to The International
Space Station. ^_^

TDD