Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Answer from SawStop

On 12/8/2012 1:17 PM, Richard wrote:

Unless your nickname is "lefty", generally PARRALLEL to the blade.

And yet if your hand does not come closer to the blade as you push,
regardless of of parallel or directly towards, you are not feeding the
wood. You hand has to move closer to the blade to feed.

I never let my hands get anywhere near the table, much less the blade.

Make a few pushers, and use them.

Surely your comment is a troll... But to address that, the table is not
going to hurt you, it is that round spinning thing that will. If you
don't understand that an accident is headed your way. Push sticks are no
safer than using your bare hand, something to hold down the work as you
push your wood through is by far safer in that they will further help to
prevent the front feed end of the work from lifting.

Troll?

I'm not going to argue with you, Leon.
You do it your way.

That's what I thought.