Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lowes vs. HD....

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 05 Dec 2012
10:20:21 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Pete C." wrote:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

On 12/5/2012 12:08 AM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

If I want plumbing, I go to a plumbing supply house....

If I want lumber, I go to a lumberyard....

If I want hardware, I go to a hardware store...

If you want plumbing and lumber and hardware, you go to 3 places? Bob

Generally, yes. While on the surface it may seem like extra effort, the
reality is that by going to the three specific places you will 1. find
everything you need, 2. find higher quality products 3. get better
customer service.

By that logic, you should deal directly with every manufacturer.

If I was buying in rail Car lots, it might be. It might be worth
it, at that level, to just order the "case" or pallet lot from the
dealer.
On a smaller scale, I once ordered a box of padlocks, all keyed a
like, from / through a local hardware store. Saved me the hassle of
finding, ordering and waiting for the shipping, they got the "order so
much and get a discount" offer. Of course, it was a month later that
the order got placed and delivered, and by then Lloyd was trying to
remember why he ordered a box of padlocks, all keyed alike. B-)

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the