Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Floodlights - led or tungsten?

On 8 Dec, 19:39, "Nick" wrote:
I want to install some security lighting externally around my workshop.
5x 150W tungstens with standalone but linked PIR's would do the job.
All lamps lit if one PIR is triggered. I think most will cope with 750W
load, if not I'll include a relay in the circuit.

120W is the new 150W , its the lamp you`ll get with a `150` shell.

To ease running costs and maintenance I am thinking of led floodlights but
have no experience of them.

Install cost lot higher for anything near as bright, depends how
bright you actually need.

For the purpose they must be instant-on.
Are led worth considering, or should I stick with tungsten?

tungsten still got a lot of mileage left in it.

Cheers
Adam

Also any suggestions for reliable PIR's? I have one, Philips I think,
installed 27 years ago and still working perfectly. Since then, others I
have installed seem to fail almost annually.

Thanks,
Nick.