Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Keurig Maintenance Tip

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 22:33:48 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
About every three months I have to "de-scale" my Keurig K-Cup pot when
it starts dispensing a partial cup... even though I use R-O water.

Three months ago I went thru all the clean with vinegar and flush
routines and it still dispensed partial cups.

Repeated all the recommended operations, still wouldn't work.

Pondering the way the reservoir was made with a check-valve at the
bottom, I wondered if that was the problem.

Took it outside, applied the garden hose to the valve, from the
bottom, made it "whistle" :-}

Returned it to the pot... problem gone, worked fine.

Yesterday, partial cups :-(

Applied the garden hose, problem solved ;-)

Try it next time your Keurig pot acts up.

Do those Fill it yourself K-cups work? I find the coffee selection
awful.

They work, but are extra steps, including cleaning :-(

Why do you say the selection is awful? I buy online directly from
Keurig (who has the most variety, they bought out the competition

http://www.keurig.com/shop/k-cups/al...hdnBaseFacets=

But have also bought from...

https://www.coffeeforless.com/
http://www.coffeewhiz.com/
http://www.bigelowte.com/shop/detail...&sc=4&pi=53619
http://www.coffeecow.com/PublicPages/Home.aspx
http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/s...Varieties#back

I'm primarily a Columbian La Vereda fan. The wife likes flavored
things like Hazelnut, French Vanilla, Earl Gray Tea, etc.

On cold mornings, like now... 52°F, I might have a hot cocoa or hot
apple cider (in K-cup form).

We have one of these machines at work.
It's actually the second one, the first suffered from the partial cup
problem.

Cheers

Now you know the solution ;-)

When I was at Zarlink (Rochester) last winter, they had a _huge_
Keurig machine directly plumbed to the water supply!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |