Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Tony Palermo Tony Palermo is offline

Default What do you put on a brown wood door facing the sun & rain?

Lew Hodgett wrote:

You will come to regret stain (Bug Snot)

Why? What is wrong with darker door?

Spar varnish is designed to remain flexible
Definitely not a good choice for a door.

I think the UV protection is what I need more than varnish flex.
But UV protection might not be easy to decide from the can printing.

The marine finish of choice would be Epifanes.
Check out Jamestown Distributors for Epifanes info.

Does this look like the right stuff?
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...duct.do?pid=92

Epifanes clear marine spar varnish is formulated with tung oil, phenolic
and alkyd resins and U.V. filters for superior protection.

how far South of the Mason-Dixon Line?

San Diego. It never rains. But when it rains it pours.