Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default air compressor motor upgrade

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:00:50 +0000, Jack Yanowski
wrote:

Hi people,
Decided to make an upgrade to my air compressor. The motor of the
SpeedAire that i have is not functioning in a proper way and i am
thinking on changing it. Such specs i am looking for - Enclosu Open;
Phase: 1; Hz: 60; Frame: 56C.
Did have a look at Baldors.
what do you think of Baldor motor brand? where is best to buy?
Thanks in advance

Greetings Jack,
I don't know how old your Speedaire is but they used to come with good
motors. The only thing I've had to do to mine in 30 years is replace
the bearings. What exactly is your motor doing that makes you think it
needs replacing?
Eric