Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default American Farmers Fight Rise In Hay Thefts

On Dec 7, 5:54*am, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-06-2012 02:18, harry wrote:

On Dec 6, 1:27 am, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-05-2012 12:48, harry wrote:

How do you shove a steel bar through the centre of a hay bale? *It is
packed almost as hard as if it were a block of timber.
And even if you succeeded, how would you get it out?
I see you know as little as these journalists.

I see you know very little about hay.

I used to own a farm.
I can see you have a big mouth and know absolutely nothing about hay.

I didn't own one; my father did. *250 acres; forty or fifty head of
cattle; half the acreage in hay. *I have operated hay balers that were
brand-new and hay balers that were a hundred years old.

I have thrown straw and alfalfa bales with hooks and without.

They are pretty solid, but not as solid as wood.
Unless you mean cork or balsa.

And did you make big bales on your 250 acre farm?
They are an entirely different beast.