Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Answer from SawStop

On 12/6/2012 10:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 21:20:55 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Power for one to two seconds to trip the brake is enough. I think if you
have a black out you are not likely to continue pushing your hand
towards the blade and if you do the wood should stop the blade.

Why are you pushing your HAND toward the blade in the first place?

Well what direction do you push your hand when cutting wood on a TS?

I never push towards the blade. I push towards the back of the saw,
usually along the fence or holding a push block. NEVER in line with
the blade.

But pushing towards the back of the saw is towards the blade. Not
directly but your hand actually comes closer when pushing. That is the
point I am making.