Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default American Farmers Fight Rise In Hay Thefts

On 12-06-2012 02:18, harry wrote:
On Dec 6, 1:27 am, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-05-2012 12:48, harry wrote:

How do you shove a steel bar through the centre of a hay bale? It is
packed almost as hard as if it were a block of timber.
And even if you succeeded, how would you get it out?
I see you know as little as these journalists.

I see you know very little about hay.

I used to own a farm.
I can see you have a big mouth and know absolutely nothing about hay.

I didn't own one; my father did. 250 acres; forty or fifty head of
cattle; half the acreage in hay. I have operated hay balers that were
brand-new and hay balers that were a hundred years old.

I have thrown straw and alfalfa bales with hooks and without.

They are pretty solid, but not as solid as wood.
Unless you mean cork or balsa.

--
Wes Groleau

Change is inevitable. We need to learn that inevitable" is
neither a synonym for good" nor for bad.