BigWallop

Default Consumer Fuse Query

"Chris" -o-m wrote in message
We are about to move house and one of the things that came up one the
survey was the wiring was in a shocking state. We went round for
another look today and sure enough it is.

On contacting the supplier, the advice I got was that they don't care
if I pull the consumer fuse (to facilitate a re-wiring) but they'll
need a cert. of conformity from a spark to replace the seals (fair
enough).

However, the consumer fuse is not like one I've come across before.

A picture of the meter board can be found he

http://www.chrisj.dsl.pipex.com/

Can anyone give any clues to the configuration?

All the consumer fuses I have seen have had a single seal. Also what
is the black wire coming out of the top of the earth terminal likely
to be?

I didn't post make a picture of the consumer unit available as I
didn't want to scare anyone.

Chris.

The system head is a three phase looped supply. The black wire coming from
the top is the neutral connection from the supply.

There are two separate systems connected from the consumer side of the
meter, hence the grey double insulated cables heading off to the right of
the picture and then the other red and black ones which go off to the left
and then upward. Both are from the consumer side of the meter.

The meter is only connected to one consumer fuse on the right hand side of
the three phase head and is only sealed by one tag, so this would be the one
you'd pull out when you go ahead with your rewire.

The earthing bonds are provided into the bottom of the white box on the
right hand side of the supply head and the main connections have be taken to
the steel armour of the mains supply cables. The consumer side earth
bonding is provided by the green/yellow cables coming the top terminals of
the white box.

Any clearer ?