Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Answer from SawStop

On 12/6/2012 4:52 PM, Leon wrote:
"To answer your question: if there is a power failure while the saw is
running, the cartridge might stay powered for about 1-2 seconds at most
while its internal voltage falls off.

So under those conditions (saw coasting down, no power to saw at all)
touching the blade would not activate the safety system."

So here is how I read this. If the lights go out you try not to continue
sawing. In the event you are very close to the blade while cutting and
the power fails the blade is going to stop more quickly and the brake
may activate before the blade stops.

How so????...they just explicitly said "under those conditions...
touching the blade would not activate the safety system."

My reading is the sensor electronics may hang on for very short time but
again w/o power the likelihood of the fusible link firing is essentially
zero.

I'd guess there's also a decent chance the power transient may trash the
processor anyway, even if the absolute voltage Vcc hasn't dropped below
the Vmin threshold.