Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Initiate a phone call remotely?

On 06/12/2012 13:13, Bernard Peek wrote:
On 05/12/12 22:09, Andy Burns wrote:
Bernard Peek wrote:

What you want to do really needs some sort of computer system.

The VoIP adapter I suggested has all the intelligence required.

The cheapest way of doing it would be to use a Raspberry Pi costing
around £30 but you can get an awful lot of phone calls for £30. Will
it save you that much?

If you happen not to make the required two chargeable calls per month,
they charge you £1.50/month for not making the calls and £2.70/month for
the otherwise-free caller-id.

OK. If OP is going to be there to make the necessary calls every other
month then the savings will be about £25 per year. How much effort is
that worth?

It's difficult to justify more than a few quid on purely financial
grounds. I guess I need to assess the value of the satisfaction of
depriving BT of a few bob!
--
Cheers,
Roger