Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default $80 Hammer-- if only it was 1975. . .

On Dec 6, 5:50*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
If I was 40 years younger and didn't drive nails with air [or use
screws when I can] - I'd really be drooling over this.

http://shophardcorehammers.com/index...ry/view/s/hamm...

They were listed in a made in the USA list someplace.
19 oz, straight claw, waffle head, magnet nail holder, available with
18" curved hickory handle.

anybody still framing with driven nails? * *is this practical, or just
a nice piece of furniture?

Jim

Looks like another "look what I invented" thingy.

I see a major problem with it that is not explained in the cite: If
the strikign surface is "protected by a raised outer rim" how in the
hell do you drive a nail flush? I can just picture how clumsy it
wwould be with that oversized head trying to toenail something. As
for finish nails? Again, no way to flush drive unless using a nail
set. Very few carpenters would do that in regular work.

Yes, I have done construction work to include buildign an 18' x 30'
addition to my house from digging the foundation to installing the
steel siding.

Favorite is a 20 oz framing hammer, straight handle, smooth face.
Gets used for everything from driving 20p spikes to little bitty
brads.

Harry K