Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default $80 Hammer-- if only it was 1975. . .

On 12/6/2012 9:00 AM, CRNG wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 08:50:36 -0500, Jim
wrote Re $80 Hammer--
if only it was 1975. . .:

If I was 40 years younger and didn't drive nails with air [or use
screws when I can] - I'd really be drooling over this.

http://shophardcorehammers.com/index.../hammers/id/4/

I don't see any obvious functional advantage over a 20oz straight
hickory handle framing hammer. I might change my mind if I tried one,
but without trying it first I don't see an advantage.

Unless one were professional framer, there would be little advantage.
Their forte is that the hardened center core waffle lasts longer than
most others on the market before the waffling gets to where it's of
little or no use.

Look at the pictures towards bottom at
http://www.hardcorehammers.com/whyhardcore.php

I've seen one; not used it...they do feel good. The framer who had it
said it had indeed outlasted the titanium Stilleto that are roughly same
price...he personally didn't care too much about the recessed waffle but
it did leave less of a mark but wouldn't consider it a finish hammer if
that were really the issue...