Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Simon[_2_] Bob Simon[_2_] is offline

Default FM Antenna

On Monday, December 3, 2012 11:12:39 AM UTC-6, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
RG-59/u is usually garbage. Good enough for indoor patch cable use,
but not much else. I strongly suggest RG-6/u with waterproof
compression (not crimp) connectors.

(snip)
Note that there are different types of RG-6/u which require slightly
different compression connectors. A connector made for RG-59/u will
not work with RG-6/u.

Yesterday, the electrician replaced my old run of RG-59 with RG-6 cable. The box is labeled: CB1B06DSCR0-05. I didn't realize that my other existing run is already RG-6. The cable is marked with "E83032 F6SSVV". Can all types of RG-6 cable use the same compression connectors? If not, is it sufficient to determine if the outside diameter of the cable is the same?
Bob Simon