Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default TV Stand Project and Cabinetry

On 12/5/2012 11:22 PM, Bill wrote:
Somehow I came upon a site describing "partial inset doors" and
acquainted myself with the terms: inset, lip and reveal (thanks Larry
Jaques--that last term helped me get started). I learned inset and lip
of 3/8" are pretty standard as is a 1" reveal (maybe that's more
standard on kitchen cabinets, than tv-stands?)

Be careful now ...these days about the only thing in the kitchen cabinet
business that screams "CHEAP" louder than lipped (partial inset) cabinet
doors is attaching a fake stile to one lipped door in a two door cabinet.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net