Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American Farmers Fight Rise In Hay Thefts

On 12/6/12 1:16 AM, harry wrote:
On Dec 6, 12:30 am, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/5/12 1:09 AM, harry wrote:

Few people make small bales these days.
Few people even make hay, they make silage.
How do you steal a haystack of loose hay then?

With a stack mover, of course. A truck mounted one
he http://tinyurl.com/cxzd693
Hesston makes a lot of different types of hay equipment.
There isn't much alfalfa in my area anymore. I don't remember anyone
making silage out of it. It was always baled. A few farmers I
know are raising alfalfa for a nearby dairy. They're baling it.
Silage here (central Nebraska) is corn silage. The cattle feeders
usually put it in bunker silos. A couple pictures he
http://tinyurl.com/a2lh9cm
The hay shortage is prompting one change. There are a lot more guys
baling their corn stover.