Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default American Farmers Fight Rise In Hay Thefts

"Pete C." wrote in message

Attila Iskander wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

chaniarts wrote:

On 12/5/2012 10:48 AM, harry wrote:

How do you shove a steel bar through the centre of a hay bale? It
is
packed almost as hard as if it were a block of timber.
And even if you succeeded, how would you get it out?
I see you know as little as these journalists.

you sharpen one end, and taper it. don't they teach thinking in
england?

They make round bale lifts to put on the back of a pickup or other
truck
that have the central bale spear and a couple side spears for
anti-rotation. A hydraulic cylinder tilts the assembly up and down.
Tilt
down, back truck into the round bale, tilt up and drive off. Takes
seconds. Reverse to deposit the bale where you want it. They sell this
equipment at pretty much every farm supply store.

Plain ingenuity and simple farm equipment design are beyond the ken of
such
as harry

Oddly enough I saw a lot of backyard gardens and little greenhouses
while I was in the UK this year, even in pretty urban areas.

Sadly that's no guarantee that they can think outside of the box..