Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Initiate a phone call remotely?

Roger Mills wrote:

I'm pretty sure that, in order to continue to qualify for free Caller
Display, etc., I still need to make a specified number of potentially
chargeable calls each billing period. That wasn't a problem with quarterly
billing because I was always at the flat often enough to make enough calls
each quarter - most of which would be free evening calls to my answering
machine at my main home!

What's the cost of not getting free Caller Display etc?

What's the cost of visiting the flat?

(As someone else hinted) how come the insurer of your flat is happy that it
(may be) unlived-in for long periods?

However, there may be some times when I don't visit the flat for more
than a month - so, with monthly billing, I may sometimes be unable to
make the requisite number of calls.

I presume you don't have all services turned off in this flat in your
absence (because you say there's a permanent internet connection) so how do
you check that there's been no floods, power-cuts etc?

If you can't visit the place often enough, shouldn't someone-else be doing
so... and if they are why can't they ring you?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".