Chris

Default Consumer Fuse Query

We are about to move house and one of the things that came up one the
survey was the wiring was in a shocking state. We went round for
another look today and sure enough it is.

On contacting the supplier, the advice I got was that they don't care
if I pull the consumer fuse (to facilitate a re-wiring) but they'll
need a cert. of conformity from a spark to replace the seals (fair
enough).

However, the consumer fuse is not like one I've come across before.

A picture of the meter board can be found he

http://www.chrisj.dsl.pipex.com/

Can anyone give any clues to the configuration?

All the consumer fuses I have seen have had a single seal. Also what
is the black wire coming out of the top of the earth terminal likely
to be?

I didn't post make a picture of the consumer unit available as I
didn't want to scare anyone.

Chris.