Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default An idiot and his table saw...

On 12/4/2012 11:43 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-04-2012 08:43, wrote:
No reason it can't be adapted to those things. It's basicly
a touch sensor that reacts to increased capacitance
from a person coming in contact with it. That triggers
a spring loaded ram that jambs into whatever is spinning.

Capacitance, eh? Then like an iPad, it won't work if you wear gloves?

Jeez think about what you are saying. That is like saying it won't work
if you are wearing clothes. ;~)

After it cuts through the glove and touches your finger the system will
engage. Just because your hand is hidden does not mean that the saw
will not know when it touches your flesh.

Now before you assume that the blade will grab the glove and pull you
in, the glove is going to cut cleanly just like wood. Yes I know this
because I have pushed a glove into a running TS blade to see what
actually happens. It cut cleanly.