Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Social Security Number

On Dec 5, 8:39*am, Peter wrote:
On 12/4/2012 8:45 PM, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 20:27:55 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

I was talking on the phone with my cousin today. *She has worked as
a substitute teacher in several schools. *She is between jobs. *One
of the things she mentioned was that they require her to furnish
her SSN on job applications. *Since the wrong person could do some
serious damage with your SSN, I really think it is a bad idea to
have to furnish them for a job application.

How would she get SS credits, otherwise?

The OP was only applying for the job, she hadn't been hired yet. *I
agree that there's no need for the SSN on the application as long as the
employer is satisfied that the applicant is legally in the country

How exactly does an employer do that easily without a
SSN?

and
meets the relevant employment criteria.

My employment criteria includes not being a fugitive,
having outstanding warrants, being convicted of
embezlement, etc. How does an employer do that
without a SSN? Throw away the application from
everyone with the same name that comes back with
a background check hit?