J T

Default OT - FOLLOW-UP 1: Potty-mouth Charlie Self

Wed, May 5, 2004, 10:49pm (EDT+6)
says:
snip I don't want to hear that sleazy language when I read it. I am a
very devoted Christian, and is my duty to be a soldier of Christ. snip

I thought it was spelled "sleezy". LOL I take it you've never
heard devout Christians, swearing like horse soldiers then.

I take it too, when you hit your thumb with a hammer, you just jump
up and down and say, "Oh goodness, I hit my thumb".

I don't consider myself Christian, which really irks my mother, I
consider myself spiritual, instead. I don't swear much, except when I
hit my thumb, or am puzzled, or tired, or hot, or cold, or hungry, or
too full, or horny, well you get the idea. But, those time isn't really
swearing, it's just saying a cuss word or two. On the times I do
actually swear, I mean really swear, not just a word or two I usually do
a very good job of it. Usually tho, I like to try to show proper
respect for the Woodworking Gods.

But, on occassion, nothing else is qujite as appropriate.

Out of curiosity, I dood a google on Charlie, and the word that
can't be said. Came up with 11 hits. I think he only wrote the
forbidden word in one, the rest were in quotes, written by other people,
he was replying to. Interesting.

JOAT
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your
pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.
- Phil Pastoret