Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rebuilding Rechargable batteries

On 11/29/2012 9:04 AM, Leon wrote:
I am looking for a new rebuilder, I had been using PrimeCell.

About 2 years ago I had a battery rebuilt by Prime cell and it worked
great for about 18 months. This battery was run down almost completely
5 days out of the week. Pleased I had it rebuilt again in June. within
2 months I saw that the battery was already not performing as expected.
I contacted Primecell and they made several suggestion of things to
check and none helped. They suggested returning the battery and I would
get a 2/3 discount on replacement since the rebuild had been less than
60 days.

For those using Primecell, their warranty is free replacement for the
first 30 days, you pay 1/3 for replacement after 30 days and you pay 2/3
replacement between 60-90 days. After that the battery is out of
warranty. AND you pay shipping both ways.

Prime Cell does not stand behind their products. In this particular
instance a new battery comes with a 6 month battery from the manufacturer.

So any recommendations?

AS a follow up, the battery in question powers an iRobot vacuum cleaner.
It absolutely runs 5 days a week and most of the time the unit will
shut down once the battery becomes discharged to a certain degree.
Typically the daily run time is about 90~105 minutes. The Primecell
battery is not quite 6 months old and runs for 25 minutes. The previous
battery ran for 70 minutes after 18 months.

Anyway I went with Battery Plus. They had the 3000mah battery in stock
today and the cost was $50 less $5 with a coupon. ONE YEAR WARRANTY.
If it only lasts a year it is still cheaper than the Primecell that
lasted 18 months.