Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Leg top Bevels ... dress right,dress!

On 12/3/2012 4:08 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 12/2/2012 9:03 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 19:45:47 -0600, Swingman wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...56043527134674

Hi Karl. Can you tell me how you bent this wood? Thanks

nice work there Swingman, but just out of curiousity did you cut these
chamfers on the tablesaw? how'd you get the bent leg section out of the
way, raise the leg off the top, or did you cut w/the leg vertical?

Used one of the complementary angle cutoffs from one of the legs, and a
piece of plywood, to make a miter saw jig:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...61841910217602

The jig is clamped to the table of a miter saw (Makita LS1013), and
against the fence to make two of the chamfer/bevels (one cut on each
side of the jig, on the dogleg faces).

1. Setup the jig up with the blade 45 right, cut one side/face of all
the legs.

2 Swing the blade to 45 left, reposition the jig, and cut the opposite
side/face of all the legs.

3 & 4 The remaining two chamfer/bevels on each leg, those on the faces
without the dogleg, can actually be made on the miter saw table, and
against the fence, with the blade in either 45 orientation, and without
a jig.

You and Leon and your festools... do you get a kickback from Festool for
showing all your festools?????
Got any spares to prove to me how good they are???? :-)

Couple of reasons, so happens they're in constant use, so they simply
show up in photo backgrounds ... and it's also a function of a small
shop (306 SF).

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net