Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default UK gov't to cross-reference private credit-reference / spendingdata with tax returns

On Monday, December 3, 2012 9:10:21 AM UTC-5, Winston Churchill wrote:
Your rights to privacy, anonymity, liberty and due process be dammed.

Privacy and anonymity are NOT "rights." You've got the right to not incriminate yourself, but that doesn't mean someone else can't.

Last I checked, tax evasion was a crime. If people were honest and just paid their damn taxes, the government wouldn't have to go to great lengths to catch them.

Between the revenue from people paying their taxes honestly, and not having to spend $$$ to chase down the evaders, we'd be a whole lot better off and overall people would be paying less tax.