Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default CR battery shape anomaly

The cell holder could possibly be modified with a Dremel tool or similar to
accept the more common cell.. or buy a holder for a common cell and maybe
solder it in place of the existing holder or possibly mount it off to the
side somewhere nearby.

--
Cheers,
WB

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

Hi,

had a call from a customer who wanted to replace the CR4250 battery in his
Yamaha AN1X keyboard. He bought a Duracell but it wouldn't easily fit in
the holder, and he didn't want to break anything by forcing it in.

He sent me a picture of the old battery next to the new one, showing a
very different build structure. The old one is on the right, manufactured
by FDK, Japan, the left is the Duracell.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ifference.jpg/

All the CR types I have seen look like the Duracell - is there/was there
different types about?

Seems rather strange that this one, and its holder, apparently do not
conform to modern size standards.

Gareth.