Default OT - FOLLOW-UP 1: Potty-mouth Charlie Self

Here is the first part of the follow-up about the Charlie Self issue.

First and foremost, I want to offer a sincere apology if I offended
anyone with my last post. The intention was neither to flame, nor to to
be flamed in return. My intentions were not malicious either, as Charlie
tried to spin it. I happen to share the opinion which our friend Bay
Area Dave pointed out. I check in here once or twice a day to
participate in woodworking discussion, with the occasional OT coffee
breaks, like everyone else here. I don't want to hear that sleazy
language when I read it. I am a very devoted Christian, and is my duty
to be a soldier of Christ.

Some of you may think that I am not qualified to offer an opinion on
this matter because you are under the false impression that I am not a
regular of the wreck. Well, I happen to be a regular poster (not just a
lurker) in both rec.photo.digital and here. You all know me by the
handle I use here. Why didn't I post my dissent against Charlie's
swine-like rhetoric under my usual screen name? We all know that the
"dog pack" in here is a machine that can't easily be called off. So I
went yet a step further, and I decided to post my views under my real
name.

Charlie is talking about trying to sue me...so be it. I am not making up
any lies. I simply want to increase the awareness of his readers'
understanding of the complete Charlie Self. Like some people pointed
out, let them make up their own minds whether he is a lowlife slime
bucket or not. My campaign will point out the facts. Examples of what a
slob Charlie can be in a public forum, where women and children also
come to learn. This newsgroup is not just a big sausage party of old
prunes, even though there is a high percentage of middle age+ men here.
Charlie tries to defend his image by pointing out that he only used the
F*** word half of 30 times in this NG. Well I got news for you Mr.
Slimeball, that is 15 times too many in my book. And there are other
dreadful words and phrases besides just the F word that you have spewed
upon us. Look out for my next follow-up with the complete details and
stats, along with some suggestions about how to get the word out about
him.

I would also like to applaud our friend Bay Area Dave for having the
guts to face the dog pack, and point out what (I'm sure) many of us were
thinking about Charlie all along, but were afraid to speak out.

One more thing...I am planning on drafting an RFD ("Request for
discussion", for those of you who are not familiar with the news.*
hierarchy) to amend the rec.woodworking charter to ban such explicit
language in this newsgroup. This will kill multiple birds with a single
stone.

First, it will keep filth-mouths like Charlie from polluting the group
with his language. If the CFV (call for votes) passes news.groups, then
anyone who swears in this group will be in violation of the NG charter,
and that can be actionable by ISPs. Eventually, we can even set up a
robo-moderation to automatically "BLEEP" any of the words on the agreed
list.

Second, a fringe benefit of this will be....well, the obnoxious potty
mouth trolls (like the blasphemous homosexual who has the hots for Theo)
will be filtered too. Expect a [META] post on this issue soon...it will
be cross-posted to news.groups and the wreck.

I'm just trying exercise some leadership and clean this place up, once
and for all, for the benefit of everyone here. Not only do we need to
keep the insignificant pawns (trolls) from flooding us with their filth,
we need to clean up the slime at the top of the food chain too.

-JB