Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making welding tables

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 23:16:48 -0600, Ignoramus7601

On 2012-12-01, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 07:56:27 -0600, Ignoramus7601
wrote:

A couple months ago, I discovered that "welding tables", meaning
sturdy tables with thick steel tops 3/8 to 1 inch, are very hot
selling items, desired by many people and easy to sell.

Right now I have several steel plates of such thicknesses and a
quantity of 2 inch pipe.

I plan on making tables by just cutting off 30" or so pieces of said
pipe and welding them as table legs to the plates.

My questions are

1) do they need any reinforcements, such as cross braces etc
2) What is the most optimal table height? 30 inches?

32 5/16" tall and yes..they need cross bracing so you can put a lower
shelf covered with Norwegian A grade fir plywood covered in a shellac
made of virgin Columbian Blood Flower juice and genetically engineered
shellac berries..(from Vladovostoc only).

What kind of craftsman are you if you didnt know this!?!!

That shellac gets thinned with vodka

He was right about everything but one. Those berries came from the
male lac bug and is cut with Russo-Baltique. Use the finish well.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt