Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making welding tables

I say a 8 by 20' table of an acorn table - it was in the old Southern
Pacific engine house - on a navy base - owned by a club now. They were
in the process of burning out the bolts in the boiler to replace pates
and get the engine back up to inspection grade. It was a massive shop
because boilers and all sorts of stuff would be dogged down and worked on.
That is on the west SFO bay.

Martin

On 12/1/2012 7:35 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus7601" wrote in message

Think about it again. You are standing in front of the table and you
are holding a welding rod holder and a 14 inch welding rod.

Where do you want the table to be? At your elbow height? Or lower?

How tall is the work? Acorn welding tables are fairly low.
http://www.vannattabros.com/shop19.html

When I use my hydraulic lift as a welding table the comfortable height
can be anywhere from 2' to 5'.

jsw