Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making welding tables

"Ignoramus7601" wrote in message
On 2012-12-02, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus7601" wrote in
message

Think about it again. You are standing in front of the table and
you
are holding a welding rod holder and a 14 inch welding rod.

Where do you want the table to be? At your elbow height? Or lower?

How tall is the work? Acorn welding tables are fairly low.
http://www.vannattabros.com/shop19.html

When I use my hydraulic lift as a welding table the comfortable
height
can be anywhere from 2' to 5'.

The one I made today, is 30 inches tall.

You could offer to cut the 10' pipe in thirds instead of quarters and
let the user shorten them if they want. Presumably customers for
welding tables can cut steel.
IIRC the standard height for sit-down tables is 29", for standing it's
36".
jsw