Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rebuilding Rechargable batteries

On 11/29/2012 10:51 AM, RonB wrote:
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:04:21 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
I am looking for a new rebuilder, I had been using PrimeCell.

About 2 years ago I had a battery rebuilt by Prime cell and it worked

great for about 18 months. This battery was run down almost completely

5 days out of the week. Pleased I had it rebuilt again in June. within

2 months I saw that the battery was already not performing as expected.

I contacted Primecell and they made several suggestion of things to

check and none helped. They suggested returning the battery and I would

get a 2/3 discount on replacement since the rebuild had been less than

60 days.

For those using Primecell, their warranty is free replacement for the

first 30 days, you pay 1/3 for replacement after 30 days and you pay 2/3

replacement between 60-90 days. After that the battery is out of

warranty. AND you pay shipping both ways.

Prime Cell does not stand behind their products. In this particular

instance a new battery comes with a 6 month battery from the manufacturer.

So any recommendations?

Do you live in or near a larger town. We used to live in Wichita and we had two good, local alternatives that rebuilt and warranted tool batteries.

RonB

Houston but oddly Google searches don't turn up much.