Michael Mcneil

Default circular saw recommendations

"Gavin Gillespie" wrote in message

I was in Focus today, and they had a 1400 watt circular saw, in its
own case, for £44.95, less 25% off, making it about £33.71 Cannot
remember the name though, Challenge? but the whole range was 25% off.

A plumber was after one for taking up floor boards occasionally. He came
back with a £20 one from Argos. It was a Challenge too I think. It had a
motor of some 1500 to1700 Watts too. I don't know how anyone made money
on that one; a three inch cut blade costs over half that.

I'm not saying it will cut material 3" thick and the blade couldn't have
been much thinner. But even so.