Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default CR battery shape anomaly

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:32:54 -0000 "Gareth Magennis"
wrote in Message id:
:

Hi,

had a call from a customer who wanted to replace the CR4250 battery in his
Yamaha AN1X keyboard. He bought a Duracell but it wouldn't easily fit in
the holder, and he didn't want to break anything by forcing it in.

He sent me a picture of the old battery next to the new one, showing a very
different build structure. The old one is on the right, manufactured by
FDK, Japan, the left is the Duracell.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ifference.jpg/

All the CR types I have seen look like the Duracell - is there/was there
different types about?

Seems rather strange that this one, and its holder, apparently do not
conform to modern size standards.

The battery on the right looks exactly like the one in my signal
generator, a Rohde and Schwarz SMT03. I could open it up later today and
get you a part # if that would be of any use. Let me know.