Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Doc Doc is offline

Default Installing Leviton Whole House Surge Protector

On Nov 29, 4:15*pm, Bill wrote:

Then double breakers are usually used for a 240 volt appliance. They
have what is called an "internal common trip". Those would be for things
like a range, electric hot water heater, etc. And in that case, if one
"hot" was overloaded, you would want both to trip as is what happens.

But I would not think that would matter with this surge protector.

I see the install instructions actually specify that independent
single pole breakers are preferred.