Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Doc Doc is offline

Default Installing Leviton Whole House Surge Protector

On Nov 29, 1:56*pm, Bill wrote:

Anyway you have two hots coming in at the top of the panel. Note there
is NO MAIN CUT OFF SWITCH! Power will ALWAYS BE LIVE to this panel!!!!

There's a main breaker outside the house. I could install one of these
little square box protector units on that but if I put one on the
inside panel in the garage I'll be walking by it all the time and can
more readily observe the status lights.

You can NOT place two wires in one breaker connection, so you need to
buy a new "full size" double breaker for that specific brand/model
panel.

You feel it should be a double breaker instead of two singles?