Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Rebuilding Rechargable batteries

Leon wrote:
I am looking for a new rebuilder, I had been using PrimeCell.

About 2 years ago I had a battery rebuilt by Prime cell and it worked
great for about 18 months. This battery was run down almost
completely 5 days out of the week. Pleased I had it rebuilt again in
June. within 2 months I saw that the battery was already not
performing as expected. I contacted Primecell and they made several
suggestion of things to check and none helped. They suggested returning
the battery and I
would get a 2/3 discount on replacement since the rebuild had been
less than 60 days.

For those using Primecell, their warranty is free replacement for the
first 30 days, you pay 1/3 for replacement after 30 days and you pay
2/3 replacement between 60-90 days. After that the battery is out of
warranty. AND you pay shipping both ways.

Prime Cell does not stand behind their products. In this particular
instance a new battery comes with a 6 month battery from the
manufacturer.
So any recommendations?

Related: Some chargers just keep dumping the volts into a battery pack until
you disconnect your tool. This is deadly for most batteries, severely
limiting their lifespan.

The fix for this is to put a timer on the primitive charger. I got one of
these:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=power+timer

You insert your battery into the charger and press the button on the timing
unit. After six hours the timing unit shuts off the charger.