Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tmackinator tmackinator is offline

Default Our monarch 10ee relay drops out 1 minute after puching the control ON button

responding to
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...he-560451-.htm
, tmackinator wrote:
news wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:18:02 +0000, tmackinator
wrote:

Our monarch 10ee relay drops out 1 minute after puching the control

ON button.
Any suggestions on what to look at?-TM

You'll need to be more specific about which control you have. There
are motor/generator, thyratron, and solid state controls. And several
variations among those. The "modular" thyratron controls have
two 1
minute timers, but I'm reluctant to spend time with the schematic
without knowing if I'm looking at the right one.

--
Ned Simmons

Thanks for the reply, We have the Thyratron control with the two timers.It is
the last iteration of this design. I have since corrected the issue. What I
found was the the diodes in REC3 were both blown. When replaced with more
modern diodes of a proper rating, the spindle braking function was corrected
and surprisingly the control relay stayed latched also. We had replaced the
small c3j a while ago for a similar issue. The problem started when one
morning the lathe was switched on and went into full spindle speed immediatly.
That will really wake you up!