Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with fog

On Nov 27, 5:29*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 21:29:33 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Nov 26, 3:52*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:04:07 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

Harry K

*Think about it. *Then think again and consider your answer.

Not only thought about it before posting (more than once BTW) and know
that that iss the advice given by professionals.

It is fine to come up with your own theories of stuff but don't expect
people to buy them because _you_ said so.

Harry K

* You didn't read what I was responding to, did you??? it said - and I
copy / paste the quote - " *that's where the road is, and get out
of your vehicle and further away, prefera".

Read before you respond.

Not only did I read it, I WROTE it and I did not write what you just
quoted. *Don't beliee me, read the post you responded to.

YOu are grasping at straws trying to justify your advice that goes
agains all the professionals.

Harry K

* Harry - what advice have I given that goes against the advice of
WHAT professionals?????

Basically not to get off the road as far as possible.

Here are just a few quotes and references that agree with me.

fromhttp://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/winterdrive/winterdrive.shtml

Once in a skid, steer in the direction of the skid. To do this, look
where you want your vehicle to go and steer toward that spot. Be
careful not to oversteer. If you are on ice and skidding in a straight
line, step on the clutch or shift to neutral.

and

Has zero to do with the discussion of what to do in bad visibility.

snip a whole bunch about what to do if one gets stuck - nothign at
all to do with the thread.

And just what does getting stuck in snow have to to with getting OFF
THE ROAD in heavy fog or other reduced visibility. The whole point of
doing it is to avoid getting caught in one of theose multi vehicle
pileups.

Harry K