Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default How to make this profile?

On Nov 27, 6:23*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
On 11/27/2012 5:49 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

On 11/27/2012 12:05 AM, David wrote:
I'm planning on making some boxes for birthday presents in late January.
The profile for the box sides is shown he
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...Tg4r_R18m5vLcs

My plan is to make a single piece about 48" long for each box, then
cut it
into four pieces for the sides. *Wood will be walnut, mahogany, or some
other hardwood. * What are the options for generating the profile
shown in
figure A? *The only important dimension is the 4" width, everything
else is
approximate. *Profile B would be acceptable as long as it can be made
uniform over the 48" length. *If someone out there has made a jig or
fixture
that will solve this problem and is willing to share the plan, it
would be
really appreciated. *BTW, *I have the usual complement of *stationary,
bench, and hand power tools.

I would just handplane that radius

To handplane just take a marking gauge cut the 1/8 line on the edges.
Chamfer to that 1/8 line
then smooth from where you want it to start to that chamfer.. much
faster than you'd expect.. its a mild radius

Not too hard to make a contoured scraper for finishing.