Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Texas 85 mph - Don't work well with ... snow?

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 02:05:29 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-26-2012 13:56, Harry K wrote:
Why don't you read your car's manual and see what _it_ says about it.

Got rid of my car 27 months ago. Pedal power only now.

You are advocating trusting a device to modulate your engine power that ony

I am not advocating trusting a device.

I am stating not my hypothesis about USING a tool and the fact that
several experiments confirmed it as useful for that purpose.

has "on" and "off" with no sense of what the conditions are or what is
needed.

It had a sense of what it was designed to control--the speed of the
wheels. It did not have only "on or off"--it could and did hold a
steady wheel speed anywhere from about 300 to 900 RPM. And it gave me
the freedom to adjust, discontinue, or override whenever my sense of
everything else suggested I should.

I'm glad it worked for you, Wes - but it is BAD advice and giving
BAD advice is irresponsible.

The advice of EXPERTS is do NOT use cruise control in reduced traction
conditions, and even using OVERDRIVE is not advised under those
conditions.